The Akamai Identity Cloud (AIC) service will undergo a maintenance update on 17 JUNE 2021 starting at 17:00 UTC. Updates will be completed in about 4 hours sequentially across all global data centers. The service will remain operational during this period with no disruptions expected for any AIC service.
The AIC platform release for June 17 will be a global release consisting of all regions.
There is no downtime anticipated or planned for this release.
There are no functional changes that require customer action or awareness.
- When: 17 JUNE 2021, 17:00 UTC
- What: The registration service will undergo enhancements and maintenance changes as part of the introduction of the Unique Password History capability, which will be available to Identity Cloud customers in the July timeframe. In addition, the authentication and token services will undergo enhancements and maintenance changes in preparation for future Hosted Login session management improvements. Lastly, a fix to resolve an issue with the custom provider display names has been resolved.
- Component Area(s)*: Registration, OpenID Connect, Hosted Login
- Duration/Impact: During the 4 hour maintenance window, requests will be serviced normally, no anticipated or planned downtime.
* Component Area(s) - The Identity Cloud API documentation for each Component Area and Associated Service can be found on the Akamai Education Center (https://identitydocs.akamai.com/home/proposed-release-categories
No impact to service is anticipated during this change. However, if you experience a service issue during or shortly after this planned change please contact AkaTec at the numbers listed here.
** In early July ‘21, the webhooks service for the Identity Cloud will release an improvement giving our customers the ability to trigger the redelivery of specific events which have previously failed. As part of the deployment of the new capability, a small period of downtime (less than 15 minutes) will be required for the Webhooks v3.x configuration service. During this time, the configuration service will be unavailable for adding or changing existing subscriptions. Event delivery for existing subscriptions will NOT be impacted. Additional details will be made available as the release date approaches.https://www.akamai.com/us/en/support/global-support-phone-numbers.jsp